Register to Vote
To register in New Jersey you must be:
- A United States citizen
- At least 17 years old, and understand that you may not vote until reaching the age of 18.
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election
- NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction
Not sure if you are already registered to vote? Check here.
1. Complete a Voter Registration Application:
- Voter Registration Application form (English)
- Solicitud de Inscripción de Votantes (Español)
- Voter Registration Application form (Korean)
2. Mail or deliver the Voter Registration Application and/or Party Affiliation Form to:
Superintendent of Elections/Commissioner of Registration
Patricia A. DiCostanzo
Address: One Bergen County Plaza, Room 380, Hackensack, NJ 07601
Office Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm, 201-336-6101 (FAX) 201-336-6111
Vote By Mail
John S. Hogan
Address: One Bergen County Plaza, Room 130, Hackensack, NJ 07601
Office Hours: 9:00am-4:30pm, 201-336-7006 (FAX) 201-336-7002
To receive your ballot by mail, the application must be received by the County Clerk 7 days prior to the election.
A voter may also apply in person to the County Clerk until 3:00 p.m., the day before the election.
The County Clerk cannot accept faxed or emailed copies of a Application for Vote by Mail Ballot, unless you are a Military or Overseas Voter, since an original signature is required.
May 15, 2015: Deadline to register to vote for the primary.
June 5, 2018: Primary Election Day
November 6, 2018: General Election Day